21 CFR 58.120 - Protocol.
(a) Each study shall have an approved written protocol that clearly indicates the objectives and all methods for the conduct of the study. The protocol shall contain, as applicable, the following information:
(1) A descriptive title and statement of the purpose of the study.
(2) Identification of the test and control articles by name, chemical abstract number, or code number.
(4) The number, body weight range, sex, source of supply, species, strain, substrain, and age of the test system.
(5) The procedure for identification of the test system.
(6) A description of the experimental design, including the methods for the control of bias.
(7) A description and/or identification of the diet used in the study as well as solvents, emulsifiers, and/or other materials used to solubilize or suspend the test or control articles before mixing with the carrier. The description shall include specifications for acceptable levels of contaminants that are reasonably expected to be present in the dietary materials and are known to be capable of interfering with the purpose or conduct of the study if present at levels greater than established by the specifications.
(8) Each dosage level, expressed in milligrams per kilogram of body weight or other appropriate units, of the test or control article to be administered and the method and frequency of administration.
(9) The type and frequency of tests, analyses, and measurements to be made.
(10) The records to be maintained.
(12) A statement of the proposed statistical methods to be used.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 58 after this date.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 21 CFR Part 58.