21 CFR 58.120 - Protocol.
prev | next
(a) Each study shall have an approved written protocol that clearly indicates the objectives and all methods for the conduct of the study. The protocol shall contain, as applicable, the following information:
(2) Identification of the test and control articles by name, chemical abstract number, or code number.
(3) The name of the sponsor and the name and address of the testing facility at which the study is being conducted.
(4) The number, body weight range, sex, source of supply, species, strain, substrain, and age of the test system.
(7) A description and/or identification of the diet used in the study as well as solvents, emulsifiers, and/or other materials used to solubilize or suspend the test or control articles before mixing with the carrier. The description shall include specifications for acceptable levels of contaminants that are reasonably expected to be present in the dietary materials and are known to be capable of interfering with the purpose or conduct of the study if present at levels greater than established by the specifications.
(8) Each dosage level, expressed in milligrams per kilogram of body weight or other appropriate units, of the test or control article to be administered and the method and frequency of administration.
(11) The date of approval of the protocol by the sponsor and the dated signature of the study director.
(b) All changes in or revisions of an approved protocol and the reasons therefore shall be documented, signed by the study director, dated, and maintained with the protocol.
[43 FR 60013, Dec. 22, 1978, as amended at 52 FR 33781, Sept. 4, 1987; 67 FR 9585, Mar. 4, 2002]
Title 21 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 21 CFR Part 58.