21 CFR 58.81 - Standard operating procedures.
(a) A testing facilityshall have standard operating procedures in writing setting forth nonclinical laboratory study methods that management is satisfied are adequate to insure the quality and integrity of the data generated in the course of a study. All deviations in a study from standard operating procedures shall be authorized by the study director and shall be documented in the raw data. Significant changes in established standard operating procedures shall be properly authorized in writing by management.
(b) Standard operating procedures shall be established for, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Animal room preparation.
(2) Animal care.
(3) Receipt, identification, storage, handling, mixing, and method of sampling of the test and control articles.
(4)Test system observations.
(5) Laboratory tests.
(6) Handling of animals found moribund or dead during study.
(7) Necropsy of animals or postmortem examination of animals.
(8) Collection and identification of specimens.
(10) Data handling, storage, and retrieval.
(11) Maintenance and calibration of equipment.
(12) Transfer, proper placement, and identification of animals.
(c) Each laboratory area shall have immediately available laboratory manuals and standard operating procedures relative to the laboratory procedures being performed. Published literature may be used as a supplement to standard operating procedures.
(d) A historical file of standard operating procedures, and all revisions thereof, including the dates of such revisions, shall be maintained.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 58 after this date.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 21 CFR Part 58.