22 CFR § 1506.37 - What are the criteria for suspension?
(a) USADF may suspend collection action on a debt when:
(1) The debtor cannot be located;
(2) The debtor's financial condition is expected to improve; or
(1) The applicable statute of limitations has not expired; or
(2) Future collection can be effected by offset; or
(c) USADF will suspend collection activity during the time required for waiver consideration or administrative review prior to agency collection of a debt if the statute under which the request is sought prohibits the Agency from collecting the debt during that time. USADF will ordinarily suspend collection action during the pendency of its consideration of a waiver request or administrative review where statute and regulation preclude refund of amounts collected by the Agency should the debtor prevail.
(d) USADF may suspend collection activities on debts of $100,000 or less during the pendency of a permissive waiver or administrative review when there is no statutory requirement and where it determines that:
(3) Collection of the debt will cause undue hardship to the debtor.
(e) USADF will decline to suspend collection where it determines that the request for waiver or administrative review is frivolous or was made primarily to delay collection.