22 CFR 19.6-1 - Orders by a court.
(1) Fix the amount of any pension to a former spouse under § 19.9, or order that none be paid;
(2) Fix the amount of any regular survivor annuity to a former spouse under paragraphs (a) and (b) of § 19.11, or order that none be paid;
(3) Order provision of an additional survivor annuity for a spouse or former spouse under § 19.10-5;
(4) Fix the amount of any benefit under § 19.10-6 based on recall service payable to a former spouse to whom the annuitant was married during any portion of the recall service, or order that none be paid;
(5) Fix the amount of any lump-sum payable to a former spouse under § 19.13 or order that none be paid;
(6) Order, to the extent consistent with any obligation stated in § 19.8 between a participant and a former spouse, and pursuant to any court decree of divorce, legal separation or annulment or any court ordered or approved property settlement agreement incident to any court decree of divorce, legal separation, or annulment, that any payment from the Fund which would otherwise be made to a former participant based on his/her service shall be paid (in whole or in part) by the Secretary of State to a previous spouse or child of such participant. No apportionment under this paragraph may be made of a payment authorized to be paid to a survivor of a participant or annuitant.
(b) An order by a court that does not meet the definition of “court” in § 19.2(f) is not valid for purposes of this section even though a divorce decree issued by such court may be a basis for pro rata share payments to a former spouse as described in these regulations.
Title 22 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 22 CFR Part 19.