22 CFR 214.13 - Responsibilities within A.I.D.
(a) The A.I.D. Office or Bureau seeking establishment of a new A.I.D. advisory committee:
(b) The Advisory Committee Management Officer with assistance as appropriate from the General Counsel and the Office of Legislative Affairs:
(1) Appraises the need for the proposed advisory committee;
(2) Assures that the requirements of the Act and OMB guidelines have been followed;
(3) If satisfied with paragraphs (b) (1) and (2) of this section, clears the proposal for submission to the Administrator and obtains OMB concurrence in Agency actions to establish advisory committees;
(4) Maintains the agency file of approved charters and formal determinations;
(5) Publishes approved charters in the Agency's internal directives system;
(6) Reviews proposed committee membership for compliance with legal requirements, including conflict of interest;
(7) Assures publication of the Administrator's formal determinations in the Federal Register; and
(8) Transmits approved advisory committee charters to the House International Relations Committee, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and the Library of Congress.