22 CFR 215.7 - Request for correction or amendment of record.

§ 215.7 Request for correction or amendment of record.

(a) An individual may request the Agency to correct or amend a record pertaining to him or her which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete.

(b) Such request must be in writing and must be presented, in person or by mail to the addresses listed in § 215.3(a).

(c) Such requests must set forth the following information:

(1) Identification of the system of records in which the particular record is maintained;

(2) The portion(s) of the record to be amended or corrected;

(3) The desired amendment or correction; and

(4) The reasons for the amendment or correction.

The request must be accompanied by evidence, documentation, or other information in support of the request.

(d) Assistance in preparing a request to amend a record may be obtained from the officials listed in § 215.3(a).

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code