22 CFR 23.5 - Claims for settlement by Department of State or General Accounting Office.

prev | next
§ 23.5 Claims for settlement by Department of State or General Accounting Office.

Claims for settlement by the Department of State or by the General Accounting Office shall be submitted to the Department in duplicate over the handwritten signature, together with the post office address of the claimant, and with appropriate recommendations of the officer of the Foreign Service, for items such as:

(a) Refunds of amounts representing payroll deductions such as for any retirement and disability fund;

(b) Amounts due deceased, incompetent, or insolvent persons including payees or bona fide holders of unpaid Government checks;

(c) Amounts claimed from the Government when questions of fact affect either the amount payable or the terms of payment, when for any reason settlement cannot or should not be affected at the Foreign Service office; and

(d) Amounts of checks, owned by living payees or bona fide holders, which have been covered into outstanding liabilities. The Foreign Service post or the Department of State shall be consulted before preparing the claim to ascertain whether any special form is required to be used. Claims for unpaid compensation of deceased alien employees shall be forwarded to the respective Foreign Service post.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code