(a) The Peace Corps will maintain a public reading room at its headquarters at 1111 20th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20526. This room will be supervised and will be open to the public during Peace Corps' regular business hours for inspecting and copying records described in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Subject to the limitation stated in paragraph (c) of this section, the following records will be made available in the public reading room:
(1) All final public opinions, including concurring and dissenting opinions, and orders issued in the adjudication of cases that involve the Peace Corps;
(2) Statements of policy and interpretations adopted by the Peace Corps that are not published in the Federal Register;
(3) Administrative staff manuals and instructions to the staff that affect the public;
(4) Copies of records, regardless of form or format, released to any person in response to a public request for records which the Peace Corps determines are likely to become subject to subsequent requests for substantially the same records, and a general index of such records;
(6) Other records the Peace Corps has determined are of general interest to members of the public in understanding activities of the Peace Corps or in dealing with the Peace Corps in connection with those activities.
(c) Certain records otherwise required by FOIA to be available in the public reading room may be exempt from mandatory disclosure pursuant to § 552(b) of the FOIA. Such record will not be made available in the public reading room. Other records maintained in the public reading room may be edited by the deletion of identifying details concerning individuals to prevent a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy. In such cases, the record shall have attached to it an explanation of the deletion. The extent of the deletion shall be indicated, unless doing so would harm an interest protected by the exemption under which the deletion is made. It technically feasible, the extent of the deletion shall be indicated at the place in the record where the deletion was made.
(d)Electronic reading room. Records required by the FOIA to be maintain and made available in the public reading room created by the Peace Corps on or after November 1, 1996, shall be made available electronically.
(e) Most electronic public reading room records will also be made available to the public on the Peace Corps Web site at http://www.peacecorps.gov.
Title 22 published on 2014-04-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 22.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.