22 CFR 706.31 - Responses to requests.
(a)Acknowledgments of requests. If a request will take longer than ten days to process, OPIC will send the requester an acknowledgment letter that assigns the request an individualized tracking number.
(b)Grants of requests. OPIC will notify the requester in writing if it makes a determination to grant a request in full or in part. The notice will inform the requester of any fees charged under § 706.22. OPIC will disclose the requested records to the requester promptly upon payment of any applicable fees.
(c)Adverse determinations of requests. OPIC will notify the requester in writing if it makes an adverse determination denying a request in any respect. Adverse determinations, or denials of requests, include decisions that: the requested record is exempt, in whole or in part; the request does not reasonably describe the records sought; the information requested is not a record subject to the FOIA; the requested record does not exist, cannot be located, or has been destroyed; or the requested record is not readily reproducible in the form or format sought by the requester. Adverse determinations also include denials involving fees or fee waiver matters or denials of requests for expedited processing.
(d)Content of denial letter. The denial letter will be signed by the person responsible for the denial, and will include:
(1) The name and title or position of the person responsible for the denial;
(2) A brief statement of the reasons for the denial, including any FOIA exemptions applied;
(3) An estimate of the volume of any records or information withheld, for example, by providing the number of pages or some other reasonable form of estimation. This estimation is not required if the volume is otherwise indicated by deletions marked on records that are disclosed in part, or if providing an estimate would harm an interest protected by an applicable exemption;
(4) A brief description of the types of information withheld and the reasons for doing so. A description and explanation are not required if providing it would harm an interest protected by an applicable exemption;
(5) A statement that the denial may be appealed under Section 706.33(a) of this subpart, and a description of the requirements set forth therein; and
(6) Notice of any fees charged under § 706.22.
(e)Markings on released documents. Where technically feasible, OPIC will mark withholdings made on released documents at the place where the withholding has been made and will include the exemption applied. Markings on released documents must be clearly visible to the requester.
(f)Referrals to other government agencies. If you request a record in OPIC's possession that was created or classified by another Federal agency, OPIC will promptly refer your request to that agency for direct response to you unless OPIC can determine by examining the record or by informal consultation with the originating agency that the record may be released in whole or part. OPIC will notify you of any such referral.
Title 22 published on 06-Apr-2017 03:22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 22 CFR Part 706 after this date.