22 CFR 707.22 - Amendment of records.
(a) Whenever any individual desires an amendment to any record of the Corporation to correct information in such record pertaining to him that he believes not to be accurate relevant, timely, or complete, he may submit such a request to the Corporation in the form specified in paragraph (b) of this section. Such rquest shall be addressed to the Director of Personnel and Administration and may either be mailed to the Corporation or delivered to the receptionist at the office of the Corporation, 1129—20th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20527, between 8:45 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday (excluding legal public holidays). Such request shall be deemed not to have been received by the Corporation until actually delivered to it or, whenever mailed, actually received by the Chief of Personnel and Administration.
(b) Any request submitted to the Corporation under paragraph (a) of this section shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) It shall be in writing, signed by the individual, and, except in the event such requesting individual is an officer or employee of the Corporation, duly acknowledged before a notary public or other authorized public official;
(4) It shall fully specify the basis for such individual's belief that the records and information are not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; and
(5) It shall be supported by substantial and reliable evidence sufficent to permit the Corporation to determine whether such amendment is in order. Any such request shall be deemed not to have been received by the Corporation and shall be returned without prejudice whenever the Director of Personnel and Administration determines that such request either does not describe records specifically enough to permit the staff of the Corporation to promptly locate such records or does not state the amendment requested or the basis therefor in reasonably specific language.
(c) The Director of Personnel and Administration shall acknowledge in writing the receipt of any such request to correct any records not later than ten (10) days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal public holidays) after the date of the receipt of such request by the Corporation.
(d) Not later than thirty (30) days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and official holidays) after the date of the receipt of such request by the Corporation, the Director of Personnel and Administration shall either:
(1) Make any correction of any portion of such records that he determines not to have been accurate, relevant, timely, or complete and notify the individual in writing of such correction; or
(2) Inform the individual in writing of his decision to deny any portion of such request, the reason for the refusal, and the right of the individual to request a review thereof by the Executive Vice President of the Corporation under paragraph (e) of this section.
(e) In the event the Director of Personnel and Administration shall deny any portion of any individual's request to amend records, such individual may within thirty (30) days of the date of the notification of such denial, file a written appeal of such decision with the Executive Vice President of the Corporation. Such appeal may be supported by any additional written evidence and statements deemed appropriate by the individual.
Title 22 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 22 CFR Part 707.