23 CFR 1225.5 - General requirements for incentive grant program.
(1) To qualify for a first-year grant under 23 U.S.C. 163, a State must submit a certification by an appropriate State official, that the State has enacted and is enforcing a 0.08 BACper se law that conforms to 23 U.S.C. 163 and § 1225.4 of this part and that the funds will be used for eligible projects and programs.
(3) An original and four copies of the certification shall be submitted to the appropriate NHTSA Regional Administrator. Each Regional Administrator will forward the certifications it receives to appropriate NHTSA and FHWA offices.
(4) Each State that submits a certification will be informed by the agencies whether or not it qualifies for funds.
(5) To qualify for grant funds in a fiscal year, certifications must be received by the agencies not later than July 15 of that fiscal year.
(b)Limitation on grants. A State may receive grant funds, subject to the following limitations:
(i) The amount authorized to carry out section 163 of 23 U.S.C. for the fiscal year; by
(ii) The ratio that the amount of funds apportioned to each such State under section 402 for such fiscal year bears to the total amount of funds apportioned to all such States under section 402 for such fiscal year.
(3) The Federal share of the cost of a project funded with grant funds awarded under this part shall be 100 percent.