23 CFR 661.23 - How will a bridge project be programmed for funding once eligibility has been determined?
(a) All projects will be programmed for funding after a completed application package is received and accepted by the FHWA. At that time, the project will be acknowledged as either BIA and Tribally owned, or non-BIA owned and placed in either a PE or a construction queue.
(b) All projects will be ranked and prioritized based on the following criteria:
(1) Bridge sufficiency rating (SR);
(2) Bridge status with structurally deficient (SD) having precedence over functionally obsolete (FO);
(3) Bridges on school bus routes;
(4) Detour length;
(5) Average daily traffic; and
(6) Truck average daily traffic.
(c) Queues will carryover from fiscal year to fiscal year as made necessary by the amount of annual funding made available.