24 CFR 16.2 - Definitions.
(a) The definitions of 5 U.S.C. 552a apply in this part.
(b) As used in this part:
(1) Act means the Privacy Act of 1974, Pub. L. 93-579.
(2) Privacy Act Officer means those officials, identified in Appendix A to this part, or their designees, who are authorized to receive and act upon inquiries, requests for access, and requests for correction or amendment.
(3) Privacy Appeals Officer means the General Counsel.
(4) Inquiry means a request by an individual that the Department determine whether it has any record in a system of records which pertains to that individual.
(5) Request for access means a request by an individual or guardian to inspect and/or copy and/or obtain a copy of a record which is in a particular system of records and which pertains to that individual.
(6) Request for correction or amendment means the request by an individual or guardian that the Department change (either by correction, addition or deletion) a particular record in a system of records which pertains to that individual.
(7) Appeal means the request by an individual that an initial denial of a request for access or correction or amendment by that individual be reviewed and reversed.