24 CFR 203.604 - Contact with the mortgagor.
(b) The mortgagee must have a face-to-face interview with the mortgagor, or make a reasonable effort to arrange such a meeting, before three full monthly installments due on the mortgage are unpaid. If default occurs in a repayment plan arranged other than during a personal interview, the mortgagee must have a face-to-face meeting with the mortgagor, or make a reasonable attempt to arrange such a meeting within 30 days after such default and at least 30 days before foreclosure is commenced, or at least 30 days before assignment is requested if the mortgage is insured on Hawaiian home land pursuant to section 247 or Indian land pursuant to section 248 or if assignment is requested under § 203.350(d) for mortgages authorized by section 203(q) of the
(c) A face-to-face meeting is not required if:
(1) The mortgagor does not reside in the mortgaged property,
(3) The mortgagor has clearly indicated that he will not cooperate in the interview,
(4) A repayment plan consistent with the mortgagor's circumstances is entered into to bring the mortgagor's account current thus making a meeting unnecessary, and payments thereunder are current, or
(5) A reasonable effort to arrange a meeting is unsuccessful.
(d) A reasonable effort to arrange a face-to-face meeting with the mortgagor shall consist at a minimum of one letter sent to the mortgagor certified by the Postal Service as having been dispatched. Such a reasonable effort to arrange a face-to-face meeting shall also include at least one trip to see the mortgagor at the mortgaged property, unless the mortgaged property is more than 200 miles from the mortgagee, its servicer, or a branch office of either, or it is known that the mortgagor is not residing in the mortgaged property.
(1) For mortgages insured pursuant to section 248 of the
(2) The mortgagee must also:
(i) Inform the mortgagor that HUD will make information regarding the status and payment history of the mortgagor's loan available to local credit bureaus and prospective creditors;
(ii) Inform the mortgagor of other available assistance, if any;
(iii) Inform the mortgagor of the names and addresses of HUD officials to whom further communications may be addressed.
Title 24 published on 06-Aug-2018 03:45
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 203 after this date.
- 24 CFR 203.664 — Processing Defaulted Mortgages on Property Located on Indian Land.
- 24 CFR 203.350 — Assignment of Mortgage.
- 24 CFR 203.666 — Processing Defaulted Mortgages on Property in Allegany Reservation of Seneca Nation of Indians.
- 24 CFR 203.665 — Processing Defaulted Mortgages on Property Located on Hawaiian Home Lands.