24 CFR 888.310 - Notice of eligibility requirements for retroactive payments.

§ 888.310 Notice of eligibility requirements for retroactive payments.

(a)Notice of eligibility requirements. HUD (or the Contract Administrator) will give written notice to all current owners of projects of the eligibility requirements for retroactive payments. Eligible project owners must make a request for payment and a request for a one-time contract determination within 60 days from the date of the notice.

(b)Request for payment.

(1) Owners eligible for retroactive payments under § 888.301(c) must submit a request for a calculation of the total rent adjustments and the establishment of the amount of the retroactive payment, as described in § 888.301 (a) and (b), and documentation of the occupancy rate for the period from October 1, 1979, to May 31, 1991, if available.

(2) Owners whose HAP contract requires a request to be made for annual rent adjustments must certify that a request was not made because of an anticipated reduction in the Contract Rents as a result of a comparability study. The certification must contain the year or years upon which the request for payment is based and a statement of the basis for the belief that rents would have been reduced.

(3) Retroactive payments will be made to owners over a three-year period as funds are appropriated for that purpose. When funds are available for payment, HUD will publish a Federal Register notice containing procedures for claiming payments.

(c)Request for one-time contract rent determination. When making a request for payment, eligible owners may also request a one-time contract rent determination, as described in § 888.320. Eligible owners may request a one-time contract rent determination even if they choose not to request retroactive payments, provided they are eligible for retroactive payments.

(d)Transfer of ownership since October 1, 1979. Eligible owners who request retroactive payments must certify that they are entitled to the entire amount of the payment. Any owner who is unable to certify must present documentation of an agreement between the current and former owners of the proportionate share of the payment for which each is eligible.

(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2502-0042)

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code