(a)Amendments to the plan. The jurisdiction shall amend its approved plan whenever it makes one of the following decisions:
(1) To make a change in its allocation priorities or a change in the method of distribution of funds;
(2) To carry out an activity, using funds from any program covered by the consolidated plan (including program income), not previously described in the action plan; or
(3) To change the purpose, scope, location, or beneficiaries of an activity.
(b)Criteria for substantial amendment. The jurisdiction shall identify in its citizen participation plan the criteria it will use for determining what constitutes a substantial amendment. It is these substantial amendments that are subject to a citizen participation process, in accordance with the jurisdiction's citizen participation plan. (See §§ 91.105 and 91.115.)
(c)Submission to HUD.
(1) Upon completion, the jurisdiction must make the amendment public and must notify HUD that an amendment has been made. The jurisdiction may submit a copy of each amendment to HUD as it occurs, or at the end of the program year. Letters transmitting copies of amendments must be signed by the official representative of the jurisdiction authorized to take such action.
(2) See subpart B of this part for the public notice procedures applicable to substantial amendments. For any amendment affecting the HOPWA program that would involve acquisition, rehabilitation, conversion, lease, repair or construction of properties to provide housing, an environmental review of the revised proposed use of funds must be completed by HUD in accordance with 24 CFR 574.510.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2506-0117)
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.