24 CFR 92.502 - Program disbursement and information system.
(a)General. The HOME Investment Trust Fund account established in the United States Treasury is managed through a computerized disbursement and information system established by HUD. The system disburses HOME funds that are allocated or reallocated, and collects and reports information on the use of HOME funds in the United States Treasury account. (For purposes of reporting in the Integrated Disbursement and Information System, a HOME project is an activity.) The participating jurisdiction must report all program income in HUD's computerized disbursement and information system.
(b)Project set-up. After the participating jurisdiction executes the HOME Investment Partnership Agreement, submits the applicable banking and security documents, complies with the environmental requirements under 24 CFR part 58 for release of funds and commits funds to a specific local project, the participating jurisdiction may identify (set up) specific investments in the disbursement and information system. Investments that require the set-up of projects in the system are the acquisition, new construction, or rehabilitation of housing, and the provision of tenant-based rental assistance. The participating jurisdiction is required to enter complete project set-up information at the time of project set-up.
(c)Disbursement of HOME funds.
(1) After complete project set-up information is entered into the disbursement and information system, HOME funds for the project may be drawn down from the United States Treasury account by the participating jurisdiction by electronic funds transfer. The funds will be deposited in the local account of the HOME Investment Trust Fund of the participating jurisdiction within 48 to 72 hours of the disbursement request. Any drawdown of HOME funds from the United States Treasury account is conditioned upon the provision of satisfactory information by the participating jurisdiction about the project or tenant-based rental assistance and compliance with other procedures, as specified by HUD.
(2) HOME funds drawn from the United States Treasury account must be expended for eligible costs within 15 days. Any interest earned within the 15-day period may be retained by the participating jurisdiction as HOME funds. Any funds that are drawn down and not expended for eligible costs within 15 days of the disbursement must be returned to HUD for deposit in the participating jurisdiction's United States Treasury account of the HOME Investment Trust Fund. Interest earned after 15 days belongs to the United States and must be remitted to the United States as provided in 2 CFR 200.305(b)(9), except interest amounts up to $500 per year may be retained for administrative expenses.
(3) HOME funds in the local account of the HOME Investment Trust Fund must be disbursed before requests are made for HOME funds in the United States Treasury account. Beginning with the Fiscal Year 2015 allocation, the specific funds that are committed to a project will be disbursed for that project. If both funds in the local account and funds in the United States Treasury account are committed to a project, the funds in the local account must be disbursed before requests are made for HOME funds in the United States Treasury account for the project.
(4) A participating jurisdiction will be paid on an advance basis provided it complies with the requirements of this part.
(1) Complete project completion information must be entered into the disbursement and information system, or otherwise provided, within 120 days of the final project drawdown. If satisfactory project completion information is not provided, HUD may suspend further project set-ups or take other corrective actions.
(2) Additional HOME funds may be committed to a project up to one year after project completion, but the amount of HOME funds in the project may not exceed the maximum per-unit subsidy amount established under § 92.250.
(e)Access by other participants. Access to the disbursement and information system by other entities participating in the HOME program (e.g., State recipients) will be governed by procedures established by HUD. Only participating jurisdictions and State recipients (if permitted by the State) may request disbursement.
- 24 CFR 92.616 — Program Administration.
- 24 CFR 92.2 — Definitions.
- 24 CFR 92.204 — Applicability of Requirements to Entities That Receive a Reallocation of HOME Funds, Other Than Participating Jurisdictions.
- 24 CFR 92.64 — Applicability of Requirements to Insular Areas.
- 24 CFR 92.214 — Prohibited Activities and Fees.