24 CFR 982.309 - Term of assisted tenancy.
(a) Initial term of lease. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, the initial lease term must be for at least one year.
(2) The PHA may approve a shorter initial lease term if the PHA determines that:
(i) Such shorter term would improve housing opportunities for the tenant; and
(ii) Such shorter term is the prevailing local market practice.
(3) During the initial term of the lease, the owner may not raise the rent to owner.
(4) The PHA may execute the HAP contract even if there is less than one year remaining from the beginning of the initial lease term to the end of the last expiring funding increment under the consolidated ACC.
(b) Term of HAP contract. (1) The term of the HAP contract begins on the first day of the lease term and ends on the last day of the lease term.
(2) The HAP contract terminates if any of the following occurs:
(i) The lease is terminated by the owner or the tenant;
(ii) The PHA terminates the HAP contract; or
(iii) The PHA terminates assistance for the family.
(c) Family responsibility. (1) If the family terminates the lease on notice to the owner, the family must give the PHA a copy of the notice of termination at the same time. Failure to do this is a breach of family obligations under the program.
(2) The family must notify the PHA and the owner before the family moves out of the unit. Failure to do this is a breach of family obligations under the program.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 982 after this date.