25 CFR 115.409 - How is an address for a minor's residence changed?

§ 115.409 How is an address for a minor's residence changed?

(a) To change an address for a minor's residence, the custodial parent, legal guardian, or the person who has been recognized by the BIA as having control and custody of the minor must provide BIA with the following information:

(1) The minor's name;

(2) The name of the custodial parent(s) or legal guardian;

(3) A copy of a custodial order from a court of competent jurisdiction or a guardianship order, where applicable;

(4) The new address of the minor's residence; and

(5) The signature, mark or thumb print of the individual who is providing the updated address for the minor's residence that has been notarized by a notary public and/or witnessed by a DOI employee who has been shown verifiable photo identification. See § 115.410

(b) When requesting a change of an address for a minor's residence, the following information will further assist us to identify the minor's account:

(1) The minor's IIM account number;

(2) The minor's date of birth;

(3) The minor's tribal enrollment number (if known); and

(4) The minor's social security number (where known).

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
Public Laws