25 CFR 115.431 - If you are an emancipated minor may you withdraw trust funds from your account?

Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 115.431 If you are an emancipated minor may you withdraw trust funds from your account?

If you are an emancipated minor, you may have access to some or all of your trust funds as follows:

(a) For judgment per capita funds: you may not make withdrawals from your account until you have reached the age specified in the judgment. Exceptions are only granted upon the approval of an application made under Public Law 97-458. See 25 CFR 1.2.

(b) Tribal per capita funds: access to these funds will be determined by tribal resolution.

(c) Other trust funds: You may be able to have supervised access to some or all of your funds, but the BIA must approve all requests for withdrawals from your account. You must work with the BIA to develop a distribution plan to access the funds in your account. In no instance will the BIA allow an emancipated minor to make unsupervised withdrawals.

(d) For funds from other federal agencies (e.g., SSA, SSI, VA), you may be able to receive funds directly, but you must contact and make arrangements with the other federal agency. Direct receipt of funds from another federal agency will not change the supervised status of an emancipated minor's trust account.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
Public Laws