25 CFR 141.3 - Definitions.
For the purposes of this part—
(a) Annual percentage rate means the annual percentage rate of finance charge determined in accordance with 12 CFR 226.5, which defines annual percentage rates.
(b) Consumer credit transaction means a grant of credit or a loan that is made by a person regularly engaged in the business of making loans or granting credit primarily for a personal, family, household, or agricultural purpose.
(1) Identifies the person to pay with reasonable certainty;
(3) Contains an unconditional order to pay a sum certain in money and no other promise, order, obligation or power given by the drawer;
(d) Finance charge means the cost of credit determined in accordance with 12 CFR 226.4, which defines “finance charge”.
(1) All cash received from the conduct and operation of the licensee's business at the premises described in the application for license.
(3) Receipts resulting from transactions concluded off the reservation that originate from the conduct and operation of the licensee's business on the reservation.
(4) The market value of all property taken in trade on the date when received and either held by the licensee for purposes other than resale or credited on any account in payment for merchandise.
(5) Proceeds from the sale of any goods bought from Indians regardless of where the sale takes place.
(6) Finance charge received on loans, but not the return of principal.
(1) The creditor may permit the customer to make purchases or obtain loans, from time to time, directly from the creditor or indirectly by use of a credit card, check, or other device, as the plan may provide;
(3) A finance charge may be computed by the creditor from time to time on an outstanding unpaid balance.
(h) Pawnbroker means a person whose business includes lending money secured by personal property deposited with the lender.
(i) Peddler means a person who offers goods for sale within the exterior boundaries of the Hopi, Navajo or Zuni Reservations, but does not do business from a fixed location or site on any of those reservations.
(j) Person includes a natural person, a corporation, trust, estate, partnership, cooperative or association.
(k) Replacement value means the present cost to the owner of replacing an item with one having the same quality and usefulness.
(l) Reservation business means a person that engages at a fixed location or site within the exterior boundaries of the Navajo, Hopi or Zuni Reservations in the sale or purchase of goods or services or in consumer credit transactions with Indians and is not a bank, saving bank, trust company, savings or building and loan association or credit union operating under the laws of the United States or the laws of New Mexico, Arizona or Utah, a business on the Hopi Reservation that is wholly owned and operated by members of the Hopi Tribe, or a business on the Zuni Reservation that is wholly owned and operated by members of the Zuni Tribe.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 25 CFR Part 141.