25 CFR 502.3 - Class II gaming.
Class II gaming means:
(a) Bingo or lotto (whether or not electronic, computer, or other technologic aids are used) when players:
(1) Play for prizes with cards bearing numbers or other designations;
(2) Cover numbers or designations when object, similarly numbered or designated, are drawn or electronically determined; and
(3) Win the game by being the first person to cover a designated pattern on such cards;
(b) If played in the same location as bingo or lotto, pull-tabs, punch boards, tip jars, instant bingo, and other games similar to bingo;
(c) Nonbanking card games that:
(1) State law explicitly authorizes, or does not explicitly prohibit, and are played legally anywhere in the state; and
(2) Players play in conformity with state laws and regulations concerning hours, periods of operation, and limitations on wagers and pot sizes;
(d) Card games played in the states of Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Washington if:
(1) An Indian tribe actually operates the same card games as played on or before May 1, 1988, as determined by the Chairman; and
(2) The pot and wager limits remain the same as on or before May 1, 1988, as determined by the Chariman;
(e) Individually owned class II gaming operations -
(1) That were operating on September 1, 1986;
(2) That meet the requirements of 25 U.S.C. 2710(b)(4)(B);
(3) Where the nature and scope of the game remains as it was on October 17, 1988; and
(4) Where the ownership interest or interests are the same as on October 17, 1988.
Title 25 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 502 after this date.