25 CFR 522.4 - Approval requirements for class II ordinances.
No later than 90 days after the submission to the Chairman under § 522.2 of this part, the Chairman shall approve the class II ordinance or resolution if the Chairman finds that -
(a) A tribe meets the submission requirements contained in § 522.2 of this part; and
(b) The class II ordinance or resolution provides that -
(1) The tribe shall have the sole proprietary interest in and responsibility for the conduct of any gaming operation unless it elects to allow individually owned gaming under either § 522.10 or § 522.11 of this part;
(2) A tribe shall use net revenues from any tribal gaming or from any individually owned games only for one or more of the following purposes:
(i) To fund tribal government operations or programs;
(ii) To provide for the general welfare of the tribe and its members (if a tribe elects to make per capita distributions, the plan must be approved by the Secretary of the Interior under 25 U.S.C. 2710(b)(3));
(iii) To promote tribal economic development;
(iv) To donate to charitable organizations; or
(v) To help fund operations of local government agencies;
(3) A tribe shall cause to be conducted independent audits of gaming operations annually and shall submit the results of those audits to the Commission;
(4) All gaming related contracts that result in purchases of supplies, services, or concessions for more than $25,000 in any year (except contracts for professional legal or accounting services) shall be specifically included within the scope of the audit conducted under paragraph (b)(3) of this section;
(5) A tribe shall perform background investigations and issue licenses for key employees and primary management officials according to requirements that are at least as stringent as those in parts 556 and 558 of this chapter;
(6) A tribe shall issue a separate license to each place, facility, or location on Indian lands where a tribe elects to allow class II gaming; and
(7) A tribe shall construct, maintain and operate a gaming facility in a manner that adequately protects the environment and the public health and safety.
Title 25 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 522 after this date.
- 25 CFR 522.2 — Submission Requirements.
- 25 CFR 582.5 — How Does an Entity Other Than a Tribe Request to Participate on a Limited Basis?
- 25 CFR 522.5 — Disapproval of a Class II Ordinance.
- 25 CFR 522.10 — Individually Owned Class II and Class III Gaming Operations Other Than Those Operating on September 1, 1986.