25 CFR 547.12 - What are the minimum technical standards for downloading on a Class II gaming system?
(1) Downloads are an acceptable means of transporting approved content, including, but not limited to software, files, data, and prize schedules.
(2) Downloads must use secure methodologies that will deliver the download data without alteration or modification, in accordance with § 547.15(a).
(3) Downloads conducted during operational periods must be performed in a manner that will not affect game play.
(4) Downloads must not affect the integrity of accounting data.
(5) The Class II gaming system must be capable of providing:
(i) The time and date of the initiation of the download;
(ii) The time and date of the completion of the download;
(iii) The Class II gaming system components to which software was downloaded;
(iv) The version(s) of download package and any software downloaded. Logging of the unique software signature will satisfy this requirement;
(v) The outcome of any software verification following the download (success or failure); and
(vi) The name and identification number, or other unique identifier, of any individual(s) conducting or scheduling a download.
(b) Verifying downloads. Downloaded software on a Class II gaming system must be capable of being verified by the Class II gaming system using a software signature verification method that meets the requirements of § 547.8(f).