25 CFR 700.293 - Petitions for amendment: Appeals.
(a) Right of appeal. Where a petitioned-for amendment has been rejected, in whole or part, the individual submitting the petition may appeal the denial to the Executive Director.
(b) Time for appeal.
(1) An appeal must be received no later than twenty (20) days (Saturdays, Sundays and public legal holidays excepted) after the date of the decision on a petition.
(2) The Executive Director may, for good cause shown, extend the time for submission of an appeal if a written request for additional time is received within twenty (20) days (Saturdays, Sundays and public legal holidays excepted) of the date of the decision on a petition.
(c) Form of appeal.
(1) An appeal shall be in writing and shall attach copies of the initial petition and the decision on that petition.
(2) The appeal shall contain a brief statement of the reasons why the appellant believes the decision on the petition to have been in error.
(3) The appeal shall be addressed to Privacy Act Officer, Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation Commission, Box KK, Flagstaff, Arizona 86002.