25 CFR 700.711 - Grazing permits.

§ 700.711 Grazing permits.

(a) All livestock grazed on the New Lands must be covered by a grazing permit authorized and issued by the Commissioner on Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation.

(b) Permit holders must:

(1) Be enrolled Navajo Tribal members,

(2) Be over 18 years of age,

(3) Maintain a permanent residency on the New Lands Range Unit of permit issue, and

(4) Own livestock which graze on the range unit of permit issue.

(c) Permits will be issued for a base of 80 SUYL (20 AU) and may not be divided or transferred for less than 80 SUYL.


(1) Temporary seasonal grazing permits for periods not to exceed one year may be issued to permittees:

(i) To use extra forage made available under rotation grazing management as regulated by a range unit management plan,

(ii) To use forage created by unusually favorable climatic conditions,

(iii) To allow use of range while term permits are held in suspension under § 700.715(d).

(2) These temporary permits may be reissued prior to termination provided:

(i) The permittee is managing grazing in compliance with grazing regulations,

(ii) Livestock grazing is in compliance with the cooperative range unit range management plan, and

(iii) Forage is available on the range to sustain the livestock authorized under the temporary permit.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 25 - INDIANS
Statutes at Large
Public Laws