25 CFR 81.8 - Election board.
(a) There shall be an election board consisting of the officer in charge acting as chairman and at least two representatives of the tribal governing body or an authorized representative committee. Where such persons may be unwilling or unable to serve, the chairman shall select at least two adult members of the tribe to serve. In addition, the officer in charge may appoint an interpreter and as many clerks and poll watchers as he/she deems necessary, but they shall not be members of the board.
(b) It shall be the duty of the board to conduct elections in compliance with the procedures described in this part and in particular:
(1) To see that the name of each person offering to vote is on the official list of registered voters;
(2) To keep the ballot boxes locked at all times except when ballots are being counted;
(3) To see that ballots are cast only by registered voters and that the voting list is checked to indicate this;
(4) To begin to count the regularly cast ballots immediately after the close of the polls and then the absentee ballots, pursuant to § 81.21;
(5) To post and certify the election returns;
(6) To return the following to the officer in charge:
(i) The ballots (in marked and locked boxes);
(ii) All unused ballots; and
(iii) The completed Certificate of Results of Election. The officer in charge shall retain the ballots and other material among official records for at least one year. At the end of one year, the officer in charge shall forward the contents of the boxes and other related material to the appropriate Federal Records Center.
Title 25 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 81 after this date.