25 CFR Subpart C - Process for Federal Acknowledgment
Documented Petition Submission and Review (§§ 83.20 - 83.22)
Review of Documented Petition (§§ 83.23 - 83.31)
- § 83.23 How will OFA determine which documented petition to consider first?
- § 83.24 What opportunity will the petitioner have to respond to comments before OFA reviews the petition?
- § 83.25 Who will OFA notify when it begins review of a documented petition?
- § 83.26 How will OFA review a documented petition?
- § 83.27 What are technical assistance reviews?
- § 83.28 When does OFA review for previous Federal acknowledgment?
- § 83.29 What will OFA consider in its reviews?
- § 83.30 Can a petitioner withdraw its documented petition?
- § 83.31 Can OFA suspend review of a documented petition?
Proposed Finding - Comment and Response Periods, Hearing (§§ 83.35 - 83.39)
- § 83.35 What opportunity to comment will there be after OFA issues the proposed finding?
- § 83.36 What procedure follows the end of the comment period on a favorable proposed finding?
- § 83.37 What procedure follows the end of the comment period on a negative proposed finding?
- § 83.38 What options does the petitioner have at the end of the response period on a negative proposed finding?
- § 83.39 What is the procedure if the petitioner elects to have a hearing before an ALJ?
AS-IA Evaluation and Preparation of Final Determination (§§ 83.40 - 83.46)
- § 83.40 When will the Assistant Secretary begin review?
- § 83.41 What will the Assistant Secretary consider in his/her review?
- § 83.42 When will the Assistant Secretary issue a final determination?
- § 83.43 How will the Assistant Secretary make the determination decision?
- § 83.44 Is the Assistant Secretary's final determination final for the Department?
- § 83.45 When will the final determination be effective?
- § 83.46 How is a petitioner with a positive final determination integrated into Federal programs as a federally recognized Indian tribe?