27 CFR § 19.478 - Construction requirements for bulk conveyances.
(a) Construction. The following standards apply to bulk conveyances authorized by this part:
(1) If the conveyance consists of two or more compartments, each compartment must be constructed or arranged so that the emptying of any compartment does not provide access to the contents of any other compartment;
(2) The conveyance (or in the case of compartmented conveyances, each compartment) must be arranged so that it can be completely drained;
(3) Each tank car or tank truck must have permanently and legibly marked thereon its number, its capacity in wine gallons, and the name or symbol of its owner;
(4) If the conveyance consists of two or more compartments, each compartment must be identified by a number and the capacity in wine gallons of each shall be marked thereon;
(5) The conveyance must have a route board or other suitable device for carrying required marks or brands; and
(6) Calibrated charts, showing the capacity of each compartment in wine gallons for each inch of depth, must be available for use in measuring the contents of each tank truck, tank ship, or barge.
(b) Proprietor's responsibility. Before filling any bulk conveyance, a proprietor must examine it to verify that it meets the requirements of this section or of an approval under § 19.473(b) and that it is otherwise suitable for receiving the spirits or denatured spirits. A proprietor must refrain from using, or discontinue use of, any conveyance found by it or by the appropriate TTB officer not to meet the applicable requirements.