27 CFR 478.1 - Scope of regulations.
(a) General. The regulations contained in this part relate to commerce in firearms and ammunition and are promulgated to implement Title I, State Firearms Control Assistance (18 U.S.C. Chapter 44), of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (82 Stat. 1213) as amended by Pub. L. 99-308 (100 Stat. 449), Pub. L. 99-360 (100 Stat. 766), Pub. L. 99-408 (100 Stat. 920), Pub. L. 103-159 (107 Stat. 1536), Pub. L. 103-322 (108 Stat. 1796), Pub. L. 104-208 (110 Stat. 3009), and Pub. L. 105-277 (112 Stat. 2681).
(b) Procedural and substantive requirements. This part contains the procedural and substantive requirements relative to:
(1) The interstate or foreign commerce in firearms and ammunition;
(2) The licensing of manufacturers and importers of firearms and ammunition, collectors of firearms, and dealers in firearms;
(3) The conduct of business or activity by licensees;
(4) The importation of firearms and ammunition;
(5) The records and reports required of licensees;
(6) Relief from disabilities under this part;
(7) Exempt interstate and foreign commerce in firearms and ammunition; and
(8) Restrictions on armor piercing ammunition.