27 CFR 478.47 - Issuance of license.
(a) Upon receipt of a properly executed application for a license on ATF Form 7, ATF Form 7CR, or ATF Form 8 Part II, the Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, shall, upon finding through further inquiry or investigation, or otherwise, that the applicant is qualified, issue the appropriate license. Each license shall bear a serial number and such number may be assigned to the licensee to whom issued for so long as the licensee maintains continuity of renewal in the same location (State).
(b) The Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, shall approve a properly executed application for license on ATF Form 7, ATF Form 7CR, or ATF Form 8 Part II, if:
(1) The applicant is 21 years of age or over;
(2) The applicant (including, in the case of a corporation, partnership, or association, any individual possessing, directly or indirectly, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the corporation, partnership, or association) is not prohibited under the provisions of the Act from shipping or transporting in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition, or from receiving any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce;
(3) The applicant has not willfully violated any of the provisions of the Act or this part;
(4) The applicant has not willfully failed to disclose any material information required, or has not made any false statement as to any material fact, in connection with his application; and
(5) The applicant has in a State (i) premises from which he conducts business subject to license under the Act or from which he intends to conduct such business within a reasonable period of time, or (ii) in the case of a collector, premises from which he conducts his collecting subject to license under the Act or from which he intends to conduct such collecting within a reasonable period of time.
(c) The Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, shall approve or the Director of Industry Operations shall deny an application for a license within the 60-day period beginning on the date the properly executed application was received: Provided, That when an applicant for license renewal is a person who is, pursuant to the provisions of § 478.78, § 478.143, or § 478.144, conducting business or collecting activity under a previously issued license, action regarding the application will be held in abeyance pending the completion of the proceedings against the applicant's existing license or license application, final determination of the applicant's criminal case, or final action by the Director on an application for relief submitted pursuant to § 478.144, as the case may be.
(d) When the Director of Industry Operations or the Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center fails to act on an application for a license within the 60-day period prescribed by paragraph (c) of this section, the applicant may file an action under section 1361 of title 28, United States Code, to compel ATF to act upon the application.
Title 27 published on 2015-11-28
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 27 CFR Part 478 after this date.
Title 27 published on 2015-11-28.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 27.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.