27 CFR 53.182 - Supporting evidence required in case of tax-paid articles used for further manufacture.
(a)Evidence to be submitted by claimant. No claim for credit or refund of an overpayment, within the meaning of section 6416(b)(3) of the Code and § 53.181 shall be allowed unless the subsequent manufacturer submits with the claim the evidence required by § 53.132 and a statement, supported by sufficient available evidence:
(1) Showing the amount claimed in respect of each category of exportations, uses, or sales on which the claim is based and which give rise to a right of credit or refund under section 6416(b)(3) of the Code and § 53.180,
(3) Identifying the article, both as to nature and quantity, in respect of which credit or refund is claimed,
(4) Showing the amount of tax paid in respect of the article by the manufacturer or producer of the article and the date of payment.
(5) Indicating that the article was used by the claimant as material in the manufacture or production of, or as a component part of, a second article manufactured or produced by the manufacturer or was sold on or in connection with, or with the sale of, a second article manufactured or produced by the manufacturer, and
(6) Identifying the second article, both as to nature and quantity.
(b)Evidence required to be in possession of claimant -
(1)Certificate of ultimate purchaser of second article. The certificate executed and signed by the ultimate purchaser of the second article must contain the same information as that required in § 53.179(b)(1)(ii), except that the information must be furnished in respect of the second article, rather than the article to which the claim relates.
(2)Certificate of ultimate vendor of second article. Any certificate executed and signed by an ultimate vendor as evidence to be retained by the person claiming credit or refund must be executed in the same form and manner as that provided in § 53.179(b)(2)(iii).
(3)Repayment or consent of ultimate vendor. If the person claiming credit or refund of an overpayment to which this section applies has repaid, or agreed to repay, the amount of the overpayment to the ultimate vendor or if the ultimate vendor consents to the allowance of the credit or refund, a statement to that effect, signed by the ultimate vendor, must be shown on, or made a part of, the evidence required to be retained by the person claiming the credit or refund. In this regard, see § 53.172(b)(2).
Title 27 published on 2015-11-28.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 27 CFR Part 53.