27 CFR 70.603 - Execution and filing of claim.
(1) Claims under this subpart must be filed on Form 2635 (5620.8).
(2) The claim shall include all the facts on which the claim is based, and be accompanied by a record of inventory of the liquors lost, made unmarketable, or condemned. (See § 70.604.)
(3) The claim shall contain a statement that no other claim for refund or credit of the amount claimed, or for any part of the amount claimed, has been or will be filed under any other law or regulations.
(b)Major disasters. Claims for refund of tax and/or duty on liquors which were lost, became unmarketable, or were condemned as a result of a major disaster must be filed not later than 6 months from the day on which the President determines that a major disaster has occurred.
(c)Other causes of loss.
(1) Claims for amounts of $250 or more for refund of tax and/or duty on liquors which were lost, became unmarketable, or were condemned as the result of:
(i) Fire, flood, casualty, or other disaster; or
(ii) Damage (excluding theft) resulting from vandalism or malicious mischief, must be filed within 6 months after the date on which the disaster or damage occurred.
(2) Claims for amounts less than $250 will not be allowed.
Title 27 published on 05-May-2017 03:18
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 27 CFR Part 70 after this date.