28 CFR § 540.65 - Release of information.
(2) Register number;
(3) Place of incarceration;
(6) Conviction and sentencing data: this includes the offense(s) for which convicted, the court where convicted, the date of sentencing, the length of sentence(s), the amount of good time earned, the parole eligibility date and parole release (presumptive or effective) date, and the date of expiration of sentence, and includes previous Federal, state, and local convictions;
(7) Past movement via transfers or writs;
(8) General institutional assignments.
(c) Information in paragraphs (b)(1) through (8) of this section may not be released if confidential for protection cases.
(d) A request for additional information concerning an inmate by a representative of the news media is referred to the Public Information Officer, Central Office, Washington, DC.
(e) The Public Information Officer, Central Office, Washington, DC shall release all announcements related to:
(1) Bureau of Prisons policy;
(2) Changes in an institutional mission;
(3) Type of inmate population; or
(4) Changes in executive personnel.