28 CFR 74.7 - Notification of eligibility.
(a) Each individual who has been found to be eligible or their statutory heirs will be sent written notification of such status by the Office. Enclosed with the notification will be a declaration to be completed by the person so notified, or by his or her legal guardian, and a request for documentation of identity.
(b) The declaration and submitted documents (appendix A to part 74) will be used for a final verification of eligibility in order to ensure that the person identified as eligible by the Office is in fact the person who will receive payment, and shall include a request for the following information:
(1) Current legal name;
(2) Proof of name change if the current legal name is different from the name used when evacuated or interned, such as a marriage certificate or other evidence of the name change as described in appendix A;
(3) Date of birth;
(4) Proof of date of birth as set forth in appendix A;
(5) Current address;
(6) Proof of current address as set forth in appendix A;
(7) Current telephone number;
(8) Social Security Number;
(9) Name when evacuated or interned;
(10) Proof of guardianship by a person executing a declaration on behalf of an eligible person as set forth in appendix A.
(11) Proof of the relationship to a deceased eligible individual by a statutory heir as set forth in § 74.13 and appendix A;
(12) Proof of the death of a deceased eligible person as set forth in appendix A.
(c) The individual must submit a signed and dated statement swearing under penalty of perjury to the truth of all the information provided on the declaration. A natural or legal guardian, or any other person, including the spouse of an eligible person, who the Administrator determines is charged with the care of the individual, may submit a signed and dated statement on behalf of the eligible individual who is incompetent or otherwise under a legal disability.
(d) Upon receipt of an individual's declaration and documentation, the Administrator shall make a determination of verification of the identity of the eligible person.
(e) Each person determined not to be preliminarily eligible after review of the submitted documentation will be notified by the Redress Administrator of the finding of ineligibility and the right to petition for a reconsideration of such a finding.