28 CFR § 76.2 - Definitions.
(b)Adjudicatory proceeding means a judicial-type proceeding leading to the formulation of a final order.
(d)Attorney General means the Attorney General of the United States or his or her designee.
(e)Department means the United States Department of Justice.
(g)Penalty means the amount described in 28 CFR 76.3 and includes the plural of that term.
(h) The term Personal Use Amount means possession of controlled substances in circumstances where there is no other evidence of an intent to distribute, or to facilitate the manufacturing, compounding, processing, delivering, importing or exporting of any controlled substance. Evidence of personal use amounts shall not include sweepings or other evidence of possession of amounts of a controlled substance for other than personal use. The following criteria shall be used to determine whether an amount of controlled substance in a particular case is in fact a personal use amount. The absence of any of the factors listed in paragraphs (h)(1) through (h)(5) of this section and the existence of the factor in paragraph (h)(6) of this section shall be relevant, although not necessarily conclusive, to establish that the possession was for personal use, and amounts in excess of those listed in paragraph (h)(6) of this section may be determined to be personal use amounts where circumstances indicate possession of the substance without an intent to distribute or to facilitate the manufacturing, compounding, processing, delivering, importing or exporting of the controlled substance.
(1) Evidence, such as drug scales, drug distribution paraphernalia, drug records, drug packaging material, method of drug packaging, drug “cutting” agents and other equipment, that indicates an intent to process, package or distribute a controlled substance;
(2) Other information indicating possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute;
(3) The controlled substance is related to large amounts of cash or any amount of prerecorded government funds;
(4) The controlled substance is possessed under circumstances that indicate such a controlled substance is a sample intended for distribution in anticipation of a transaction involving large amounts, or is part of a larger delivery; or
(5) Statements by the possessor, or otherwise attributable to the possessor, including statements of co-conspirators, that indicate possession with intent to distribute.
(6) The amounts do not exceed the following:
(i) One gram of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of heroin;
(ii) One gram of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of -
(A) Coca leaves, except coca leaves and extracts of coca leaves from which cocaine, ecgonine, and derivations of ecgonine or their salts have been removed;
(B)Cocaine, its salts, optical and geometric isomers, and salts of isomers;
(C)Ecgonine, its derivatives, their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers; or
(D) Any compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of any of the substances referred to in paragraphs (h)(6)(ii) (A) through (C) of this section;
(iii)1/10 gram of a mixture or substance described in paragraph (h)(6)(ii) of this section which contains cocaine base;
(iv)1/10 gram of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of phencyclidine (PCP);
(v) 500 micrograms of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD);
(vi) One ounce of a mixture or substance containing a detectable among of marijuana;
(vii) One gram of methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers, or one gram of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, or salts of its isomers.
(k)Complainant means the United States.
(l)Complaint means the formal document initiating adjudicatory proceedings.
(n)Hearing means that part of a proceeding which involves the submission of evidence, either by oral presentation or written submission.
(p)Order means the whole or any part of a final procedural or substantive disposition of a matter by the Judge.
(q)Party includes the United States of America and any person named as a respondent.