28 CFR 802.15 - Denial of request.
(a)Denial in whole or in part. If it is determined that the request for records should be denied in whole or in part, the requester shall be notified by mail. The letter of notification shall:
(1) State the PA and FOIA exemptions relied on in not granting the request;
(2) If technically feasible, indicate the amount of information deleted at the place in the record where such deletion is made (unless providing such indication would harm an interest protected by the exemption relied upon to deny such material);
(3) Set forth the name and title or position of the responsible official;
(4) Advise the requester of the right to an administrative appeal in accordance with § 802.16; and
(5) Specify the official or office to which such appeal shall be submitted.
(b)No records found. If it is determined, after a thorough search for records by the responsible official or his delegate, that no records have been found to exist, the responsible official will so notify the requester in writing. The letter of notification will advise the requester of the right to administratively appeal the determination that no records exist (i.e., to challenge the adequacy of the search for responsive records) in accordance with § 802.16. The notification shall specify the official or office to which the appeal shall be submitted for review.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 802.