28 CFR Appendix to Subpart J of Part 0 - Appendix to Subpart J of Part 0
Civil Rights Division Memo 75-2, was superseded by Civil Rights Division, Memo 78-1 appearing at 48 FR 3367, Jan. 25, 1983.
Civil Rights Division Memo 78-1 was superseded by Civil Rights Division Memo 92-3 appearing at 57 FR 19377, May 6, 1992.
1. The authority of the Attorney General regarding administration of section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, as amended, (42 U.S.C. 1973c) has been delegated to the Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Civil Rights Division.
2. That authority is delegated to the Chief of the Voting Section, provided that any determination to object to a change affecting voting (see 28 CFR part 51) or to withdraw such an objection shall be made by the Assistant Attorney General.
3. The Chief of the Voting Section may authorize the Deputy Chief or the Director of the section 5 unit to act on his or her behalf.
1. The Chief of the Freedom of Information/Privacy Acts Branch will assume the duties and responsibilities previously assigned to the Assistant Attorney General by 28 CFR 16.4 (b) and (c) and 28 CFR 16.42(b), as amended July 1, 1991, and defined in those sections, for denying requests and obtaining extensions of time under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552 et seq., and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a et seq.
2. The Chief of the Freedom of Information/Privacy Acts Branch who signs a denial or partial denial of a request for records made under the Freedom of Information Act or the Privacy Act shall be the “person responsible for the denial” within the meaning of 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(6)(C) and shall be responsible for denials made in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552a (j) and (k).
3. This authority is limited to those records which are in the systems of records under the custody and control of the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice. The authority delegated herein may be redelegated by the Assistant Attorney General by internal memorandum.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.