29 CFR § 1.3 - Obtaining and compiling wage rate information.
For the purpose of making wage determinations, the Administrator will conduct a continuing program for the obtaining and compiling of wage rate information.
(a) The Administrator will encourage the voluntary submission of wage rate data by contractors, contractors' associations, labor organizations, public officials and other interested parties, reflecting wage rates paid to laborers and mechanics on various types of construction in the area. The Administrator may also obtain data from agencies on wage rates paid on construction projects under their jurisdiction. The information submitted should reflect not only the wage rates paid a particular classification in an area, but also the type or types of construction on which such rate or rates are paid, and whether or not such rates were paid on Federal or federally assisted projects subject to Davis-Bacon prevailing wage requirements.
(b) The following types of information may be considered in making wage rate determinations:
(1) Statements showing wage rates paid on projects. Such statements should include the names and addresses of contractors, including subcontractors, the locations, approximate costs, dates of construction and types of projects, whether or not the projects are Federal or federally assisted projects subject to Davis-Bacon prevailing wage requirements, the number of workers employed in each classification on each project, and the respective wage rates paid such workers.
(2) Signed collective bargaining agreements. The Administrator may request the parties to an agreement to submit statements certifying to its scope and application.
(3) Wage rates determined for public construction by State and local officials pursuant to State and local prevailing wage legislation.
(4) In making wage rate determinations pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 113, the highway department of the State in which a project in the Federal-Aid highway system is to be performed shall be consulted. Before making a determination of wage rates for such a project the Administrator shall give due regard to the information thus obtained.
(5) Wage rate data submitted to the Department of Labor by contracting agencies pursuant to 29 CFR 5.5(a)(1)(ii).
(6) Any other information pertinent to the determination of prevailing wage rates.
(c) The Administrator may initially obtain or supplement such information obtained on a voluntary basis by such means, including the holding of hearings, and from any sources determined to be necessary. All information of the types described in § 1.3(b) of this part, pertinent to the determination of the wages prevailing at the time of issuance of the wage determination, will be evaluated in the light of § 1.2(a) of this part.
(d) In compiling wage rate data for building and residential wage determinations, the Administrator will not use data from Federal or federally assisted projects subject to Davis-Bacon prevailing wage requirements unless it is determined that there is insufficient wage data to determine the prevailing wages in the absence of such data. Data from Federal or federally assisted projects will be used in compiling wage rate data for heavy and highway wage determinations.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.