29 CFR 1910.30 - Other working surfaces.
(a) Dockboards (bridge plates).
(1) Portable and powered dockboards shall be strong enough to carry the load imposed on them.
(2) Portable dockboards shall be secured in position, either by being anchored or equipped with devices which will prevent their slipping.
(3) Powered dockboards shall be designed and constructed in accordance with Commercial Standard CS202-56 (1961) “Industrial Lifts and Hinged Loading Ramps published by the U.S. Department of Commerce, which is incorporated by reference as specified in § 1910.6.
(4) Handholds, or other effective means, shall be provided on portable dockboards to permit safe handling.
(5) Positive protection shall be provided to prevent railroad cars from being moved while dockboards or bridge plates are in position.
(b) Forging machine area.
(1) Machines shall be so located as to give (i) enough clearance between machines so that the movement of one operator will not interfere with the work of another, (ii) ample room for cleaning machines and handling the work, including material and scrap. The arrangement of machines shall be such that operators will not stand in aisles.
(2) Aisles shall be provided of sufficient width to permit the free movement of employees bringing and removing material. This aisle space is to be independent of working and storage space.
(3) Wood platforms used on the floor in front of machines shall be substantially constructed.
(c) Veneer machinery.
(1) Sides of steam vats shall extend to a height of not less than 36 inches above the floor, working platform, or ground.
(2) Large steam vats divided into sections shall be provided with substantial walkways between sections. Each walkway shall be provided with a standard handrail on each exposed side. These handrails may be removable, if necessary.
(3) Covers shall be removed only from that portion of steaming vats on which men are working and a portable railing shall be placed at this point to protect the operators.
(4) Workmen shall not ride or step on logs in steam vats.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 1910 after this date.