29 CFR 4043.25 - Failure to make required minimum funding payment.
(a) Reportable event. A reportable event occurs when -
(1) A contribution required under sections 302 and 303 of ERISA or sections 412 and 430 of the Code is not made by the due date for the payment under ERISA section 303(j) or Code section 430(j), or
(2) Any other contribution required as a condition of a funding waiver is not made when due.
(b) Alternative method of compliance - Form 200 filed. If, with respect to the same failure, a filing is made in accordance with § 4043.81, that filing (while not considered to be submitted to PBGC pursuant to section 4043 of ERISA for purposes of section 4043(f) of ERISA) satisfies the requirements of this section.
(c) Waivers -
(1) Small plan. Notice under this section is waived with respect to a failure to make a required quarterly contribution under section 303(j)(3) of ERISA or section 430(j)(3) of the Code if the plan had 100 or fewer participants for whom flat-rate premiums were payable for the plan year preceding the event year.
(2) 30-day grace period. Notice under this section is waived if the missed contribution is made by the 30th day after its due date.
(3) Late funding balance election. Notice under this section is waived if the failure to make a timely required contribution is solely because of the plan sponsor's failure to timely make a funding balance election.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 4043 after this date.