29 CFR 778.415 - The statutory provisions.
Sections 7(g) (1) and (2) of the Act provide:
(g) No employer shall be deemed to have violated subsection (a) by employing any employee for a workweek in excess of the maximum workweek applicable to such employee under such subsection if, pursuant to an agreement or understanding arrived at between the employer and the employee before performance of the work, the amount paid to the employee for the number of hours worked by him in such workweek in excess of the maximum workweek applicable to such employee under such subsection:
(1) In the case of an employee employed at piece rates, is computed at piece rates not less than one and one-half times the bona fide piece rates applicable to the same work when performed during nonovertime hours; or
(2) In the case of an employee performing two or more kinds of work for which different hourly or piece rates have been established, is computed at rates not less than one and one-half times such bona fide rates applicable to the same work when performed during nonovertime hours;
- 29 CFR 548.100 — Introductory Statement.
- 29 CFR 778.314 — Special Situations.
- 29 CFR 778.311 — Flat Rate for Special Job Performed in Overtime Hours.
- 29 CFR 778.203 — Premium Pay for Work on Saturdays, Sundays, and Other “special Days”.
- 29 CFR 778.416 — Purpose of Provisions.
- 29 CFR 778.318 — Productive and Nonproductive Hours of Work.