29 CFR Appendix A to Subpart X of Part 1926, Ladders
This appendix serves as a non-mandatory guideline to assist employers in complying with the ladder loading and strength requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1). A ladder designed and built in accordance with the applicable national consensus standards, as set forth below, will be considered to meet the requirements of § 1926.1053(a)(1):
• Manufactured portable wood ladders: American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A14.1-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Wood-Safety Requirements.
• Manufactured portable metal ladders: ANSI A14.2-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders - Portable Metal-Safety Requirements.
• Manufactured fixed ladders: ANSI A14.3-1984 - American National Standard for Ladders-Fixed-Safety Requirements.
• Job-made ladders: ANSI A14.4-1979 - Safety Requirements for Job-Made Ladders.
• Plastic ladders: ANSI A14.5-1982 - American National Standard for Ladders-Portable Reinforced Plastic-Safety Requirements.