30 CFR § 203.3 - Do I have to pay a fee to request royalty relief?

§ 203.3 Do I have to pay a fee to request royalty relief?

When you submit an application or ask for a preview assessment, you must include a fee to reimburse us for our costs of processing your application or assessment. Federal policy and law require us to recover the cost of services that confer special benefits to identifiable non-Federal recipients. The Independent Offices Appropriation Act (31 U.S.C. 9701), Office of Management and Budget Circular A-25, and the Omnibus Appropriations Bill (Pub. L. 104-134, 110 Stat. 1321, April 26, 1996) authorize us to collect these fees.

(a) We will specify the necessary fees for each of the types of royalty relief applications and possible BSEE audits in a Notice to Lessees. We will periodically update the fees to reflect changes in costs, as well as provide other information necessary to administer royalty relief.

(b) You must file all payments electronically through the Fees for Services page on the BSEE Web site at http://www.bsee.gov, and you must include a copy of the Pay.gov confirmation receipt page with your application or assessment.

[76 FR 64462, Oct. 18, 2011, as amended at 81 FR 36148, June 6, 2016]