30 CFR 250.1303 - How do I apply for voluntary unitization?

§ 250.1303 How do I apply for voluntary unitization?

(a) You must file a request for a voluntary unit with the Regional Supervisor. Your request must include:

(1) A draft of the proposed unit agreement;

(2) A proposed initial plan of operation;

(3) Supporting geological, geophysical, and engineering data; and

(4) Other information that may be necessary to show that the unitization proposal meets the criteria of § 250.1300.

(b) The unit agreement must comply with the requirements of this part. BSEE will maintain and provide a model unit agreement for you to follow. If BSEE revises the model, BSEE will publish the revised model in the Federal Register. If you vary your unit agreement from the model agreement, you must obtain the approval of the Regional Supervisor.

(c) After the Regional Supervisor accepts your unitization proposal, you, the other lessees, and the unit operator must sign and file copies of the unit agreement, the unit operating agreement, and the initial plan of operation with the Regional Supervisor for approval.

(d) You must pay the service fee listed in § 250.125 of this part with your request for a voluntary unitization proposal or the expansion of a previously approved voluntary unit to include additional acreage. Additionally, you must pay the service fee listed in § 250.125 with your request for unitization revision.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 31 - MONEY AND FINANCE
U.S. Code: Title 43 - PUBLIC LANDS

Title 30 published on 2015-10-21

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.

  • 2017-02-03; vol. 82 # 22 - Friday, February 3, 2017
    1. 82 FR 9136 - Civil Penalty Inflation Adjustment
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
      Final rule.
      This rule is effective on February 3, 2017.
      30 CFR Part 250
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.