30 CFR 250.804 - Additional requirements for subsurface safety valves (SSSVs) and related equipment installed in high pressure high temperature (HPHT) environments.
(a) If you plan to install SSSVs and related equipment in an HPHT environment, you must submit detailed information with your Application for Permit to Drill (APD) or Application for Permit to Modify (APM), and Deepwater Operations Plan (DWOP) that demonstrates the SSSVs and related equipment are capable of performing in the applicable HPHT environment. Your detailed information must include the following:
(1) A discussion of the SSSVs' and related equipment's design verification analyses;
(2) A discussion of the SSSVs' and related equipment's design validation and functional testing processes and procedures used; and
(3) An explanation of why the analyses, processes, and procedures ensure that the SSSVs and related equipment are fit-for-service in the applicable HPHT environment.
(b) For this section, HPHT environment means when one or more of the following well conditions exist:
(1) The completion of the well requires completion equipment or well control equipment assigned a pressure rating greater than 15,000 psia or a temperature rating greater than 350 degrees Fahrenheit;
(2) The maximum anticipated surface pressure or shut-in tubing pressure is greater than 15,000 psia on the seafloor for a well with a subsea wellhead or at the surface for a well with a surface wellhead; or
(3) The flowing temperature is equal to or greater than 350 degrees Fahrenheit on the seafloor for a well with a subsea wellhead or at the surface for a well with a surface wellhead.
(c) For this section, related equipment includes wellheads, tubing heads, tubulars, packers, threaded connections, seals, seal assemblies, production trees, chokes, well control equipment, and any other equipment that will be exposed to the HPHT environment.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.