30 CFR 550.101 - Authority and applicability.
The Secretary of the Interior (Secretary) authorized the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) to regulate oil, gas, and sulphur exploration, development, and production operations on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). Under the Secretary's authority, the Director requires that all operations:
(a) Be conducted according to the OCS Lands Act (OCSLA), the regulations in this part, BOEM orders, the lease or right-of-way, and other applicable laws, regulations, and amendments; and
(b) Conform to sound conservation practice to preserve, protect, and develop mineral resources of the OCS to:
(1) Make resources available to meet the Nation's energy needs;
(2) Balance orderly energy resource development with protection of the human, marine, and coastal environments;
(3) Ensure the public receives a fair and equitable return on the resources of the OCS;
(4) Preserve and maintain free enterprise competition; and
(5) Minimize or eliminate conflicts between the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas and the recovery of other resources.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 550 after this date.