30 CFR 550.116 - How do I determine producibility if my well is in the Gulf of Mexico?
(1) A log showing sufficient porosity in the producible section.
(2) Sidewall cores and core analyses that show that the section is capable of producing oil or gas.
(3) Wireline formation test and/or mud-logging analyses that show that the section is capable of producing oil or gas.
(4) A resistivity or induction electric log of the well showing a minimum of 15 feet (true vertical thickness except for horizontal wells) of producible sand in one section.
(1) A minimum true resistivity ratio of the producible section to the nearest clean or water-bearing sand of at least 5:1; and
(2) One of the following:
(i) Electrical spontaneous potential exceeding 20-negative millivolts beyond the shale baseline; or
(ii) Gamma ray log deflection of at least 70 percent of the maximum gamma ray deflection in the nearest clean water-bearing sand - if mud conditions prevent a 20-negative millivolt reading beyond the shale baseline.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 550 after this date.