30 CFR § 553.41 - What terms must I include in my OSFR evidence?
(a) Each instrument you submit as OSFR evidence must specify:
(1) The effective date, and except for a surety bond, the expiration date;
(2) That termination of the instrument will not affect the liability of the instrument issuer for claims arising from an incident (i.e., oil-spill discharge or substantial threat of the discharge of oil) that occurred on or before the effective date of termination;
(3) That the instrument will remain in force until the termination date or until the earlier of:
(i) Thirty calendar days after BOEM and the designated applicant receive from the instrument issuer a notification of intent to cancel; or
(4) That the instrument issuer agrees to direct action for claims made under OPA up to the guaranty amount, subject to the defenses in paragraph (a)(6) of this section and following the procedures in § 553.60 of this part;
(5) An agent in the United States for service of process; and
(6) That the instrument issuer will not use any defenses against a claim made under OPA except:
(ii) The incident (i.e., oil-spill discharge or a substantial threat of the discharge of oil) leading to the claim for removal costs or damages was caused by willful misconduct of a responsible party for whom the designated applicant demonstrated OSFR.
(b) You may not change, omit, or add limitations or exceptions to the terms and conditions in a BOEM form that you submit as part of your OSFR demonstration. If you attempt to do this, BOEM will disregard the changes, omissions, additions, limitations, or exceptions and by operation of this rule BOEM will consider the form to contain all the terms and conditions included on the original BOEM form.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.