30 CFR 56.6501 - Nonelectric initiation systems.
(1) Connections with other initiation devices shall be secured in a manner which provides for uninterrupted propagation;
(2) Factory-made units shall be used as assembled and shall not be cut except that a single splice is permitted on the lead-in trunkline during dry conditions; and
(3) Connections between blastholes shall not be made until immediately prior to clearing the blast site when surface delay detonators are used.
(1) The line of detonating cord extending out of a blasthole shall be cut from the supply spool immediately after the attached explosive is correctly positioned in the hole;
(2) In multiple row blasts, the trunkline layout shall be designed so that the detonation can reach each blasthole from at least two directions;
(4) Detonators shall be attached securely to the side of the detonating cord and pointed in the direction in which detonation is to proceed;
(5) Connections between blastholes shall not be made until immediately prior to clearing the blast site when surface delay detonators are used; and
Title 30 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 30 CFR Part 56.